Base product data we need to playout any content
In order to be able to display the products meaningfully in the widgets, a basic set of data must be transmitted.
If a property has multiple values those should be separated by a pipe
- primary identifier used in widgets and tracking
- Main-SKU (Parent-SKU)
- identifier for group of product variants (size only)
- identifier for group of product variants (colors etc.)
- current stock level or flag 0/1
- name of variant - for example
L, M, 32/34, 42, 150 ml
- product name
- Category paths
- breadcrumbs used in the shop - for example
Women > Clothes > Jackets > Blazer
- if product is in multiple paths use a pipe
|as a separator
- Retail price
- Discount price
- Lowest price in the last 30 days*
- only if required by law in your country
- Deeplink to product variant in shop
- Main image in maximum resolution. Used for data tagging via image recognition.
- For an optimal recognition use the cut out image (hollow man photography) without any other objects / persons.
- Main image in smaller resolution. Used for widget content.
- Use image with least possible fillup / whitespace to optimize the presentation in the widgets
- For an optimal presentation use the cut out image (hollow man photography) without any other objects / persons.
We deliver image thumbnails from our CDN and cache images heavily. If you change images you have to also change the image URL in order to invalidate the CDN cache!
base data example
Prices and stock levels can change very fast. To ensure that 8SELECT and the shop are in sync we recommend that you deliver one full export every 24 hours and an extra stock- price-update more often - up to every 30 minutes.
stock and price update example